Monday, October 8, 2012

Introduction


I have tried, fairly unsuccessfully, to keep various parts of my online life separate: an art blog here, an account there, and anonymous online diary elsewhere… but not only is this fractured arrangement hard to manage, it’s kind of boring. The best art blogs involve not only the author’s creations, but her inspirations and life snippets, too; philosophical blogs can be heavy without news and light hearted truth sprinkled in; and no one wants to read pages of a teenager’s diary unless she has a really interesting life. (To be honest, I couldn't stomach “The Princess Diaries” books even though she was suddenly royalty!)

So here you go, world: a blog maintained by me. Sometimes I will wax philosophical, sometimes I will post art, sometimes I will show you things that I like, sometimes I will talk about books, sometimes I will talk about movies, sometimes I will subject you to my fiction writing, sometimes I will subject you to my scientific writing, and sometimes I will just record what is going on in my life.

Still here? Great! Please, please feel free to comment whenever you feel like it because monologues are so frivolous compared to conversations!

Peace,
            Maria

PS. I was going to name the blog “Truth and Beauty,” because that has been my motto ever since I decided to depose “No-one is going to help you so do it yourself.” However, it was a little too pretentious and suggested that everything here would be true and/or beautiful, which is my aim, but not my claim. Anyway, I went with Philosopher (for all my babbling), Creator (for all my art, writing and and crafting), and Pirate (for all my adventures, travels, and unapologetic plundering of other people's ideas.)

No comments:

Post a Comment