Sunday, December 16, 2012

Visual Inspiration: Note

       I am shuffling through my "Visual Inspiration" folder today, trying to categorize the many, many photos I have into some sort of organised system. Unfortunately, I can't! God bless whatever genius invented metadata tags, because the human mind just does not work in rigid categories. The images I love are loved for being combinations of things: beautiful subjects, in interesting places, doing interesting things, evoking interesting ideas... I can't pick a dominate attribute to file most of them under!

       I am forcing them into certain categories, but I am worrying about how I am going to start thinking about them like that. From now on, I'm going to try to title my little "Visual Inspiration" collections a bit less obviously.

       Also, anyone know if there is software to organize documents with tags? The whole internet is, and most intranets are, but I would love a system for personal files, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment